Office Administrator - ACT
Location: Aranda, ACT
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Part time. 0.6FTE (Note: Wednesdays and Fridays are essential – other days/hours to be negotiated with successful candidate).
Greening Australia is Australia’s largest environmental enterprise. We tackle Australia’s biggest environmental challenges with the best science and the best people, who work with communities to return life to landscapes. From restoring Tasmania as an island ark, extensive regeneration activities across the southern Australia agricultural belt, to improving the health of the Great Barrier Reef, we are working to create healthy, productive landscapes across the country. With 120 staff in 25 different locations, we conduct a variety of work ranging from large scale restoration projects to endangered species monitoring.
Function and Scope
The Office Administrator is essential in supporting the operational, administrative and employee requirements of the hub to deliver a cohesive and effective workplace.
Key Position Accountabilities
Key areas of accountability and outcomes include:
- Provide local administrative support to the Operations Manager and other staff
- Central point of contact for organisational/administrative information and delivery.
- First point of contact for public, volunteer and staff enquiries.
- Support community volunteer activities and events as required.
- Assist with the delivery of internal and external events.
- Responsible for the usage and maintenance of office equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Prepare, distribute and follow up the monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Coordinate and manage all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) and uniform stocks.
- Member and administrator of WHS Committee.
- Responsible for fleet management including registrations and insurance.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and inductions as necessary.
- Organise staff training and development as required.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of tenders and proposals, as required.
- Local IT champion and member of national network
- Local Communications champion. Contribute to the GA website, newsletter and social media.
Key Selection Criteria
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated ability in administration and office management;
- Demonstrate appropriate sensitivity and confidentiality;
- Well developed information technology skills and proven ability to effectively use various Microsoft applications;
- High level organisational skills including the proven ability to set priorities, manage variable workloads and show initiative, flexibility, good judgment and discretion; and
- High level of oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as an individual or as a member of a team, together with the ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision.
Please submit your application including:
- a cover letter that addresses the key areas of responsibility; and
- your current resume.
Applications that do not comply with the above will not be considered.
Submit applications to [email protected]
Applications close: 4pm, Friday 15th November
For further information, please contact Angela Calliess, Operations Manager on 6129 5400 or email [email protected]