Technical Lead – West Australia
Based in Perth
Greening Australia is a national, action orientated, environmental enterprise with a mission to conserve and restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science-based and innovative conservation programs. We work collaboratively with a broad range of significant partners to plan, develop and deliver scalable solutions for the biggest environmental challenges facing Australia.
We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate the theory of shared value into practice – integrating society, environment and financial benefits into core business – designing and delivering on ground win / win solutions.
Our projects include:
- improving farm productivity using proven regenerative agriculture methods
- storing CO2 emissions through biodiverse carbon offsetting
- conserving Australian biodiversity through innovative and large-scale approaches to restoration; and
- supporting Traditional Owners and Indigenous organisations to heal, restore and manage land, including delivery of conservation and land management training
We pride ourselves on finding creative ways to generate lasting positive impact across sectors across the country.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, strategic and dynamic technical consultant to join our team as we scale up our conservation impact through planning and delivery of strategic biodiversity and carbon project developments to the corporate, government and other sectors.
Your role as a motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Technical Lead will be to spearhead major environmental and social development projects within the commercial sector across West Australia. You will be responsible in the creation and design of new projects with clients and the delivery and management of existing programs and projects.
You will work across a range of national Greening Australia programs including Great Southern Landscapes and Thriving on Country and will have the opportunity to work across a diversity of landscapes from the South Coast to the Pilbara.
You are the type of person who is action orientated and has a strong sense of sustainability and a proven track record implementing holistic solutions focused on the corporate sector.
Requirements to be successful
- Minimum seven years industry and/or consulting experience in environmental management
- Tertiary degree qualified in biology, ecology, environmental science/management or similar
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License
- Demonstrated competency in planning and delivery of large and/or complex environmental or social projects
- Current and well-developed knowledge of environmental offsets (carbon and/or biodiversity)
- Demonstrated understanding of local, state and federal environmental legislation pertaining to project development and approvals
- Experience in design, coordination and delivery of ecological survey and/or environmental assessments for projects in a wide range of environmental and development settings
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication skills, including technical report writing
- Proposal development and tender writing
- Developing partnerships and creating new business opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and liaison with clients and partners, including the mining and infrastructure sectors, environment and NRM, local and state government and relevant consultants/researchers
- Project budgeting and resource planning
Leadership, team work and engagement
- Passion and commitment – hungry to make a difference!
- Effective, collaborative communication skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication and customer service skills in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships and working partnerships
- A role that delivers impact and generates a lasting environmental legacy for Australia
- Flexible working arrangements and other leave benefits
- Vibrant culture
- Independent, self-managed role
Please contact Hannah Wills, Office Manager on (08) 9287 8300, if you have any questions.
Email a one-page cover letter (that addresses the position requirements) and resume to [email protected]