Senior Program Officer
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (Kaurna Country)
Who We Are
Greening Australia is Australia’s largest environmental enterprise and is leading the transformation of the sector. With a mission to conserve and restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science based and innovative conservation programs Greening Australia works with a broad range of partners including some of Australia’s largest corporations to plan, develop and deliver solutions to solve some of our biggest environmental challenges.
With teams located around the country made up of more than 150 knowledgeable, expert and passionate employees, we are having a measurable and lasting impact on Australia’s unique environment through our programs, services and partnerships.
We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate this shared value into practice.
Watch our latest Impact video to learn more about some of our recent work.
We are seeking an experienced Environmental professional to join our Adelaide Operations team. This role is accountable for high level technical support and overseeing the on-ground staff and subcontracted delivery of our projects. This involves:
- Overseeing on-ground delivery which includes project budgets, staff / asset management, partners, subcontractors, volunteers and community groups ensuring delivery in a safe and professional manner.
- Liaise with Project Services team to ensure project requirements are being accurately represented in PM software
- Contribute to organisational media and communications tasks, including workshops and presentations.
- Maintain landholder relationships and undertake site monitoring programs
- Maintain project reporting requirements
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications in Environmental Science, or extensive practical experience in environmental works.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience with environmental project delivery and landholder engagement.
- Experience with managing project budgets and project risk and contributing to financial forecasting processes.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting large scale and complex practical environmental works.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise work teams, including the ability to lead staff members on difficult and challenging projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, show initiative and to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in liaison with clients and the public.
- Physically fit, able and willing to work in remote areas for both short and extended periods away from home
- Understanding of occupational, health and safety, equity and diversity principles and practices
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License.
- Degree in Environmental Management and/or Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication skills, including the preparation of reports.
- Botanical / vegetation identification skills related to local area.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Experience with data collection for monitoring and reporting & R&D projects.
- Professional networks with NRMs, R&D organisations, Department of Environment and E-NGOS.
What we offer
- Career-life balance; where a hybrid, flexible approach to work is offered
- Salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Commitment to investing in your growth and development
- Wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Program
- 75% super
How To Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re the perfect fit for this role to Laura Cocks, Office Administrator at [email protected]ningaustralia.org.au
Applications close: COB ACST Thursday, 4 August 2022
If you’d like to know more, please contact Luke Kingston, Operations Lead – SA on 08 8372 0198.
Greening Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment and welcome and encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community and candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply.