Basis: Full time, fixed term 3 month with view to permanent.
Salary Range: $66,356- $85,000
Who we are
Greening Australia is Australia’s largest environmental enterprise and is leading the transformation of the sector. With a mission to conserve and restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science based and innovative conservation programs Greening Australia works with a broad range of partners including some of Australia’s largest corporations to plan, develop and deliver solutions to solve some of our biggest environmental challenges.
With teams located around the country and more than 150 knowledgeable and expert staff, we are having a measurable and lasting impact on Australia’s unique environment through our programs, services and partnerships.
We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate this shared value into practice.
Function and Scope
The position supports the achievements of GA through undertaking responsibilities in the area of on ground works consistent with the program of works. The position is accountable for high level operational support and overseeing the on-ground staff and subcontracted delivery of Greening Australia’s projects. The Senior Program Officer works with a high level of autonomy and within a team environment to deliver on the strategic objectives of Greening Australia. The position requires a level of physical fitness and an ability to work unsupervised. The nature of the organisation’s activities requires flexible working arrangements and some evening and weekend work. It also requires travelling to and from sites daily in work vehicles. Additionally, this position requires work for short and extended periods away and at times to camp overnight in remote locations.
Key Position Accountabilities
Key areas of accountability and outcomes include but are not limited to:
• Oversee on-ground delivery, project budgets and staff / asset management.
• Work with community groups to deliver on ground projects, oversee and facilitate the planning, implementation and delivery of community events
• Schedule and manage project subcontractors and suppliers.
• Maintain landholder relationships and undertake site monitoring programs
• Contribute to grant applications and tender submissions where required.
• Represent Greening Australia with key stakeholders and funding bodies where applicable.
Key Selection Criteria
• Qualifications in Environmental Science, or extensive practical experience in environmental works.
• 5 – 7 years’ experience with environmental project planning, project delivery, community involvement and stakeholder engagement.
• Experience with managing project budgets and project risk and contributing to financial forecasting processes.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting large scale and complex practical environmental works.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise work teams, including the ability to lead staff members on difficult and challenging projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, show initiative and to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in liaison with clients and the public.
• Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License.
• Physically fit, able and willing to work in remote areas for both short and extended periods away from home
• Degree in Environmental Management and/or Science or equivalent.
• Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication skills.
• Botanical / vegetation identification skills related to local area.
• Knowledge and experience with maintenance and monitoring methodologies.
• Professional networks with Landscape Boards, R&D organisations, Department of Environment and E-NGOS.
• Understanding of occupational, health and safety, equity and diversity principles and practices.
**Please note candidates may be required to provide proof of vaccination status where required.**
What we offer:
• Flexible work arrangements
• Additional super
• Salary packaging
• Paid parental leave
• Wellbeing days
• Access to our EAP
Please submit your application including a cover letter that addresses the key areas of responsibility; and your current resume to [email protected]
Applications close: 5pm, Friday the 10th of December 2021
For further information, please contact Luke Kingston on 0883720100 or email [email protected]
Greening Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment and welcome and encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.