Who we are
Greening Australia is Australia’s largest environmental enterprise and is leading the transformation of the sector. With a mission to conserve and restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science based and innovative conservation programs Greening Australia works with a broad range of partners including some of Australia’s largest corporations to plan, develop and deliver solutions to solve some of our biggest environmental challenges.
With teams located around the country and more than 150 knowledgeable and expert staff, we are having a measurable and lasting impact on Australia’s unique environment through our programs, services and partnerships.
We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate this shared value into practice.
The position is accountable for the provision of technical support and overseeing the on-ground delivery of Greening Australia’s projects within the Reef Aid program. The position will specifically lead the development and implementation of projects, catalysing large-scale ecological restoration of riparian/wetland areas, streambanks and eroded grazing lands in the Reef catchments of QLD. The position will also be responsible for small project teams, and asset management and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide visible and active safety leadership and management of health and safety
- Oversee projects to meet target delivery agreements.
- Assist with business development activities
- Establish strong client relationship management
- Represents the organisation at project meetings and public presentations.
- Leading and delegating work to subordinates and/or independently drawing up guidelines for logistics, working methods, resource allocations
- Manage monitoring and evaluation programs to determine performance of on-ground rehabilitation programs.
- Manage financial resources, processes and systems to enable on-ground delivery, with support from the management team.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Science, Agricultural Science or related field;
- Experience in stakeholder management, across various groups including farmers/graziers, landcare groups, government land management & conservation agencies
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Significant experience in the implementation of large and/or complex restoration/rehabilitation/land management/grazing management projects
- Demonstrated experience in project management including financial tracking and reporting, scope management
- Demonstrated ability to supervise work teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, show initiative and to work unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in liaison with clients and partners, including the mining and infrastructure sectors, local and state government and relevant consultants/researchers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing proposals and reporting
- Physically and mentally fit, able and willing to work in remote areas for both short and extended periods away from home.
- Post Graduate Degree in Environmental Management and/or Agricultural Science or equivalent.
- Experience in mapping and spatial analysis such ARCGIS or equivalent mapping program
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and the cultural context when working with Aboriginal or other Indigenous peoples
- Knowledge of environmental markets including water quality (Reef Credits), Carbon markets, Blue Carbon, environmental offsets
- Understanding of Great Barrier Reef (GBR) catchment issues
- Technical understanding in a related area (eg GIS, Botany, Soil Science, erosion, hydrology)
- Demonstrated competence in oral communication skills, including the ability to use PowerPoint and presentations
- Understanding of occupational, health and safety, equity and diversity principles and practices.
**Please note candidates may be required to provide proof of vaccination status where required. **
What we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Wellbeing days
- Access to our EAP
- Additional super
Please view the attached Outcome and Accountability Statement to find out more about the role and experience required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application including:
- a cover letter that addresses the key areas of responsibility; and
- your current resume.
Submit applications: [email protected]
Applications close: 5pm Monday 22nd November 2021
For further information, please contact Dr Lynise Wearne (Program Director) on 0466 283 439 or email [email protected].
Greening Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment and welcome and encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.