Operations Lead - Western Australia
Greening Australia is Australia’s largest environmental enterprise and, after 38 years in business, we are growing, scaling up and creating more on ground impacts to the Australian environment than ever before. We tackle Australia’s biggest environmental challenges with the best science and the best people. We work with all sectors of the economy to return life to landscapes. From restoring Tasmania as an Island Ark, implementing large scale restoration activities across the southern Australian agricultural belt to improving the health of the Great Barrier Reef, we are working to create healthy, productive landscapes where people and nature thrive. We are restoring Australia with 120 staff in 25 different locations and our teams will have more impact on the environment in one year than most will do in a lifetime.
Things we do
- We develop carbon offsetting projects which sequester CO2 emissions through biodiverse revegetation.
- We work with Traditional Owners, Indigenous organisations, farmers and local communities to foster land rehabilitation, build capacity and generate lasting positive impacts across the country.
- Our project design is science based and delivered by technical experts to achieve sustainable outcomes at scale and on mission.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and collaborative team leader who has experience integrating science / project based delivery methods to achieve operational excellence.
- You are a thought leader, a team motivator and pragmatist with strong on-ground experience and a fondness for business development.
- You thrive in the pursuit of operational excellence and you are committed to delivering environmental outcomes.
- You feel confident in your ability to function as an Operations Lead, and this is based on > 10 years of fast paced industry and business experience from which you have acquired significant professional business acumen.
- You can demonstrate your willingness and capability to lead and further develop an established and technically strong team of environmental and project professionals in Western Australia to service customers from the commercial and government sectors.
- You have strong credentials integrating and interfacing with other leaders and you will use this to optimise synergies with the Operations Leads from the other States in your role reporting to the General Manager, Operations.
- Minimum Tertiary degree in environmental science / project management / horticulture (or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in safety leadership, risk and quality management in operations.
- Strong competencies in budget preparation, project cost and schedule management, project change management and resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Track record in the establishment and maintenance of commercial partnerships.
- Comfortable with business transformation management.
- Willingness to travel.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License.
- Australian Citizen or Resident.
Benefits working for Greening Australia
- A role that generates environmental legacies.
- Independent, self-managed role within a vibrant team environment.
- Flexible work arrangements a possibility.
- Above industry leave and salary benefits.
Email any queries and your application (max. 5 pages) including a cover letter that addresses the position requirements and resume to [email protected] closing date 18th December 2020.