Environmental Finance Manager
Salary Range (Level 7): $100,110 – $142,659 per annum (depending on skills and experience) plus Super
Contract: Full Time, 2-Year Fixed Term
The position of Enviornmental Finance Manager at Greening Australia represents a unique opportunity to develop your skills in the emerging field of environmental finance and join the nation’s largest environmental restoration organisation. You will help us attract private investment into major new projects that address Australia’s greatest environmental challenges.
This senior position will support attracting private capital into major environmental projects, including financial modelling, analysis and the establishment of financial deal structures, with a particular focus on environmental credit market projects that generate carbon, biodiversity and water quality credits.
About your role:
You will join our team as we scale up our efforts to develop innovative environmental finance models that attract private investment into major environmental programs.
Your role as an organisational leader in the emerging field of environmental finance will see you transform investment models for environmental restoration programs in Australia. An ability to work with consultants (e.g. resource economists) and established private capital networks will be an advantage.
Key areas of accountability and outcomes include:
- Establishing and leading repeatable processes (models, tools and templates) for developing and executing environmental finance projects including:
- development of ‘first pass’ criteria to assess potential ‘invest-ability’ of major project concepts and identification of decision gates to move to next stage
- oversee data collection for major project feasibility studies
- development of financial cash flow and ROI models (and sensitivity analysis) including working with external consultants to refine / improve internal models
- development of major project risk analysis and mitigation strategies
- development of metrics and cost-benefit analysis to quantify economic (non-financial) co-benefits from environmental, social and regenerative agriculture projects
- support development of financial structures, supporting business cases, information memorandums and legal agreements
- support engagement with private capital markets and project beneficiaries / payors to develop and execute environmental finance deals
- act as a representative of Greening Australia or third party Australian Financial Services Licence, where required
- Support engagement with Environmental Finance networks including:
- the Australian and international private investor community including impact investors, foundations, banks, corporates, government, institutional investors, private equity, and venture capitalists
- national and international collaborations related to environmental finance
- supporting Australian and state government engagement regarding development of public policy that advances the application of environmental finance and government’s role as a cornerstone investor or pay-for-performance counter party
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter (that addresses the essential and desirable position requirements in the Accountability and Outcomes Statement) and resume to [email protected]
Applications close COB Monday, 3 February 2020.
To find out more contact Todd Berkinshaw (Director – Strategy, Innovation and Growth) on 0407 407 520.