Bush Regeneration / Seed Operations
Based in Canberra and Western Sydney (Richmond and St Marys)
Greening Australia are seeking candidates as casual field officers to work in our environmental restoration teams.
Greening Australia is a proudly independent, not-for-profit organisation, with over 150 staff in 30 locations around the country. We have been conserving and restoring Australia’s landscapes since 1982. Our team uses the latest science to guide our conservation strategies to return life to landscapes and bring balance to the natural environment.
The primary objective of the position is to work with our existing teams to provide support in seed operations and delivery of in-field operations in an efficient, practical and safe manner. In-field operations involve works associated with maintenance and rehabilitation of bushland and other natural areas. Seed specific works include collecting/cleaning/storage and maintenance of seed production areas, wild harvest and on-ground restoration works.
- Work under direction of team leaders;
- Actively participate in start-of-day pre-start safety meetings;
- Complete project tasks as required to meet operational targets. Tasks may include weed control through chemical, mechanical and manual methods, revegetation works and site rehabilitation; seed related tasks; and support for community volunteer activities.
- Ensure safe working practices and a safe work environment are maintained within projects as per the Workplace Health and Safety Policy;
- Other duties as advised. Please refer to the complete Accountability Statement attached.
- Manual driver’s licence (essential), 4WD experience preferable.
- Experience in horticulture and/or bush regeneration highly regarded.
- knowledge and use of small plant and equipment (preferable). Chainsaw qualifications highly regarded (Sydney only).
- First aid certificate preferable.
- Physically fit, honest and reliable with the ability to follow direction and work within a supportive team.
- White card preferable.
How do you apply?
Please email the below to Belinda Ranse at [email protected]
- A brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
- Curriculum vitae listing two current referees.
02 6253 3035
Applications close on Friday, March 1st 2019.