Carbon Technical Manager
Location: Negotiable (Adelaide preferred)
Salary Range (Level 7): $100,110 – $142,659 per annum (depending on skills and experience) plus Super
Contract: Full Time
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for a carbon professional to join the nation’s largest environmental restoration organisation and help us address Australia’s greatest environmental challenges.
We are looking for an experienced carbon technical manager with excellent working knowledge of Australian carbon legislation and land sector methodologies, from initial project registration through to issuance of carbon credits.
About your role:
You will join our team as we scale up our capacity in carbon abatement through the implementation of large-scale reforestation programs.
You will be responsible for the technical development of land sector carbon projects and work closely with staff around Australia to identify and implement carbon projects that adhere to approved land based methodologies (e.g. environmental plantings, human induced regeneration, soil carbon). You will also be involved in the exploration of new carbon methodologies (e.g. blue carbon) and other environmental credit opportunities.
Key areas of accountability and outcomes include:
- Identify, assess technical feasibility and develop new carbon projects with land managers, clients and investors
- Develop relationships and provide technical advice to potential customers (e.g. landholders, corporates, government) through meetings and conferences including:
- Advise and guide potential customers in respect to carbon markets within the constraints of an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL)
- Support negotiation and management of carbon contracts with customers
- Public presentations and representation at carbon related conferences
- Submissions to government re the development of Australian carbon market policy
- Engagement with relevant regulators and public policy processes around carbon in Australia and develop and maintain relationships to allow as much policy certainty as possible
- Involvement with peak industry bodies and international carbon markets
- Put in place standard processes, templates and procedures that embeds the carbon production model within Greening Australia including:
- Project feasibility assessments (carbon yields, cost of production)
- Project registration and carbon rights agreements with landholders
- Project reporting, auditing and carbon credit issuance
- Credit sales and retirements
- Adherence to Australian Financial Services Licence requirements
How to apply:
Email your application including a cover letter (that addresses the essential and desirable position requirements in the Accountability and Outcomes Statement) and resume to [email protected]
Applications close COB Monday, 3 February 2020.
To find out more contact Todd Berkinshaw (Director – Strategy, Innovation and Growth) on 0407 407 520.