Seed Supply in Western Australia
Greening Australia (WA) are leaders in the provision of provenance native seed in WA.
Seed is supplied through our fully owned subsidiary Nindethana Seed Service Pty Ltd. Greening Australia (WA) acquired Nindethana Seed Service in Nov 2009 from Peter Luscombe who had owned the business for over 33 years and remains involved in the organisation. Originally established in the 40’s Nindethana is one of Australia’s largest and longest established native seed merchants in Australia. Nindethana supplies seed to a wide range of clients ranging from home gardeners through to large mining companies such as Alcoa and BHP and state government agencies such as Main Roads (WA). Nindethana operates from bespoke premises in Albany in WA and caters to the Western Australian, Australian and international market for Australian native species.
Specifically, Nindethana has built an enviable reputation in the native seed industry as being an organisation that is:
- Able to offer one of Australia’s widest range of native seed (with over 5 tonne of seed on hand) spread across 3000 species including small seed packets suited to nurseries and the small landholder
- Friendly and helpful with knowledgeable staff able to assist in identifying well suited seed varieties and mixes to support successful propagation
- Highly professional with rigorous quality control standards for seed identification, cleaning and storage ensuring good quality seed at all times
- Ethically driven ensuring for example that seed quality and provenance standards are always adhered to
- Able to access Seed Collectors from around Australia and, given reasonable advance notice, can collect to order
Other services offered by Greening Australia (WA) either through Nindethana or with our own team of experienced collectors include seed mix consulting, contract collections, seed testing, seed treatments and seed collection training.
Click here to access the Nindethana website.